Well, I've dropped off the face of the earth, haven't I? I've certainly neglected blogging, so I thought I'd just write a little update post before we have the baby and I have even more reason to be neglectful!
The most exciting thing as of late--we got our kitchen cabinets painted! Call us crazy (many have), because we just bought our house and our cabinets were already very nice. We know. But, we've always loved white kitchen cabinets, and decided that if we are gonna do it, let's do it now before we put it off forever. There are a couple touch ups that need to be done still, so I'll put up pics once it's all put together. But, we LOVE IT and are so glad we did it!
Other things that have been going on:
- Baby shower: thrown by my mom and sisters, lots of friends and family there. Thanks to everyone who came!
- Eating Girl Scout cookies--Andrew got some from a co-workers children. We love our Samoas!
- Cleaning the house, getting things organized, "nesting" I guess you'd call it. I just like having a clean house...
- Enjoying the warmer weather! Hello, it's 70 degress today! Love it.
- Dreaming of summer days. I bought a bathing suit from J. Crew that I am determined to fit in for pool time this summer, and I am on the lookout for a cute baby suit.
- Planning a trip to California for Memorial Day! Yay! My sister-in-law, Katie, will have her new baby blessed that weekend, and it will also be the last time we'll get to see them before they move to China in a few months. We are so excited for them!
- Eating delicious donuts from Beyond Glaze. We tried the German Chocolate and Peach Cobbler flavors. Delish!
- Enjoying a mani/pedi and hair appointment so I don't look totally awful in my delivery pictures.
- Working a lot, because everyone and their mom has decided to have a baby right now and our unit has been BUSY!
- Keeping up on Jimmer news (Andrew).
- Going to the gym together on my nights off, so Andrew can get buff and I can walk around the track and try to get closer to going into labor.
Anyway, that's about it for now! Have to give some birthday shout-out's as well, because I'm sure I'll forget. Saturday is our Grandma Jeanne's birthday, the 18th is my Mom's birthday, and the 24th is my brother, Brennan's, birthday. Happy Birthday and we love you all!