So, I was getting restless and needing a change and decided to get me some bangs cut. My lovely friend, Erica (a hairdresser, don't worry), did the deed, and I have to say, I'm liking it. We'll see how long that lasts, but I'm glad for a change at least. Next change: have the baby!
Night. That's what this is. It's 2 am, I'm at work (eating, of course) and am not sure how I am going to last 4 more hours until my shift is over. I can't even enjoy my favorite pasttime--planning my next Anthro purchase--because I am too fat to fit into any of their clothes anymore. Bleh. On a happier note, I just ate a delish orange. I love this time of year for that reason, yummy orange season. And I just rhymed, look at that.
On another happy note, I ordered a rug from West Elm for our guest bathroom and I am lovin it! See above.
So, I've gotten a lot of flack about not looking pregnant, not blogging or posting enough about my pregnancy, etc. Mostly, it's not that exciting day to day. But also, there's some laziness and fear of being that pregnant woman who won't shut up about her pregnancy in the mix as well (note: not talking about anyone in particular here! More about myself...some days I feel like it's all I talk about cause I don't have much else going on!) So, to make up for my lack of info giving, I've decided to do a post about how pregnancy has been for me so far. Here are a few tidbits.
- I haven't really gotten sick (thank goodness), which was my biggest fear because I absolutely hate throwing up. It only happened once, and I think it was a fluke.
- I was very tired during the 1st and 2nd trimesters, but I feel pretty good now (i.e. I don't have to sleep til noon every day!) My only sleeping distress is that I cannot sleep well at night. I toss and turn and finally fall asleep soundly around 7 or 8 am when Andrew is leaving. I think that may also be attributed to my night shift schedule, though...
- I DO, in fact, look pregnant. I promise I'll take a really good belly shot here soon. I just don't like taking pictures of myself period, so being pregnant hasn't exactly helped that :) But, I have had quite a few strangers in the last couple of weeks ask when I'm due, so yay! I think it's more noticeable in person. So really, don't be too jealous that I don't even look bigger, cause if I don't, then my scale must be way off.
- My belly button just doesn't look the same. It's very odd.
- Most people enjoy the extra enhancement "up top" (wink wink) that accompanies the growing belly of pregnancy, but I have to say, I hate it. I've never been a busty girl and I think that's how it was meant to be. (Not that I would necessarily be classified that way now by most people's standards, but it's a big change for me!) I can't wait for the post-nursing shrinkage.
- I can feel our little gal move a ton, and she is most active at night--usually right when I'm going to bed and when I get up to go to the bathroom many times. The nights I work are like a party for her, because we're actually awake together! I think she also gets jealous when I hold other babies in the nursery at work, cause she tends to kick them a lot :)
- I haven't had any crazy cravings...yet. For a while I was really digging salty things (think french fries and kettle cooked chips) late at night, but that's pretty much gone. Now I just eat normal, except for the fact that I eat about 14 meals a day vs. 3. I can't fit too much in at a time, so I have to graze. Probably not the best habit to get into, but oh well, it works for now!
- I have had a lot of those "Braxton Hicks" contractions, but I had more of them while we were in the process of moving. Now that I've slowed down a bit, I only have them a few times a day.
- Working full-time nights is starting to take it's toll on me. By the end of the night my body just plain hurts. Other people might just think I'm lazy, but my back and legs can't handle it much longer. Other than those long nights, though, I haven't had too much pain to speak of.
- My ankles are not swollen...yet. Knock on wood! They do get slightly swollen after a night of work, but they did that when I wasn't pregnant, too. I think being pregnant in the winter really helps me in this area, which I guess is an okay trade-off for the increased slipping hazard I've become in the snow.
- I think it's still weird to think I'm actually going to be a Mom when all of this is said and done. Right now I just like having a little secret friend with me all the time, that nobody else really gets to be friends with. She keeps me company when I'm home alone and Andrew's at work. But to think of actually being her mom and raising her and knowing what to do...that is all a little overwhelming for me! I'll cross that bridge when I come to it I guess. For now, we'll just continue to get to know each other and decorate the nursery :)
Welcome to our new niece, Brielle Prusse, born on 1/11/11 at 8:11 am. She's a little thing, 7 lb. 1 oz. at birth, and is the clone of a cabbage patch doll in my opinion. Such a little darling, and hopefully a great future friend for baby Garlock! Pictures to come soon. Love the Prusse fam!
My wonderful hubby got me some of the Penguin Clothbound Classics I've been lusting over for a while. Love them!
Testing out the self-timer on my new point-and-shoot. We look very posey, but still adorable if I do say so myself :)
One of the Holiday Windows at the Grand America Hotel in SLC. Andrew's agency designed a few of them. Sorry it's sideways, I'm too lazy to go in and flip it right now...use your imagination!
Now in California, at Crystal Cove, a pretty little beach with cottages and old cars. Of course, we had to get a pic with this beauty for Andrew :)
Went to a surprise party for David's birthday with Summer, and also got to meet their good friend, Sergio (on the right). What a guy, what a guy.
Fondue on New Year's Eve. I think it was more work than anything, but I gotta say, the cheese and chocolate...mmmmm. A pregnant woman's dream.
Anyway, good times had by all. We love our family on both sides and feel so blessed to be surrounded by such great, supportive people! Hope everyone had a great holiday and are enjoying the new year so far!