Anyway, just thought I'd write an update of what's been going on in our life as of late. No pictures this time--sorry--I am writing this from my Mom's computer and haven't had time to upload recent pictures. We are taking a trip this weekend and I PROMISE I'll take some pictures and post some. I'm sure you're all dying with anticipation! Ha.
Here are the highlights of the last month-ish or so:
- Isla has been fussy...suffering from "colic"--the term for general prolonged fussiness, it seems. We've tried everything from gripe water to the Miracle Blanket (which is actually pretty great), but of course there's no cure-all for it. So, I've learned to function with only one arm most of the day and haven't gotten out of the house very much, for fear that she'll have a melt down. Thankfully, my older sister, Kristin, lives about 5 minutes away. I go there a lot--in fact, when I don't go, my niece asks her "why Elyse isn't here". Thanks to her, though, I am still sane-ish.
- On a good note, she does seem to be growing out of it, and has developed her "social smile". Things that elicit this smile include: passing gas, seeing mom & dad, and listening to the Tangled soundtrack. She also hates getting dressed, which is sad for me, because I cannot play dress up with her like I want to, sigh. Oh, well, I'm sure I'll have plenty of time for that as she grows up.
- Last Isla news: besides the fact that she's freaking cute, everything checked out at her 2 month appointment last week. She was 9 lbs 11 oz, 21.5 inches long, and in the 25th percentile for everything. She got her shots--sad day--and then slept for like 4 hours, so I secretly liked the shots, which I know is horrible. Our goal from now until her 4 month appointment is to get her to sleep on the other side of her head more so we can avoid a helmet. Wish us luck!
- We are getting ready for a trip to California this Thursday (yay!!!!) to visit family, enjoy Memorial Day weekend, and see Tanner & Katie's new baby, Ford, get blessed. T&K are moving to China in a couple months (yikes!), so we want to see them as much as we can before they go. I cannot wait for the beach and the weather forecast is simply lovely.
- We painted our kitchen chairs (well, Andrew did) a dark purple, and put mulch in our yard. Those were our home improvement projects this last weekend as the weather decided to be amazing. Our next home improvement project: making a headboard for our bed. This will involve Andrew using an electric saw and staple gun. Pray for us.
- One of my best friends in the whole world, Camille, just moved back to Utah and bought a house like 15 minutes from us. I am SOOOOO excited to have her close by, and plan to take advantage of her good conversation and craft skills as often as possible!
- Andrew had a birthday at the beginning of this month and turned the big 2-6! We went to a movie while my mom watched Isla, and it was so nice to have some semblance of a date finally. Love him!