6/17/09

Where the heck is Wisconsin?


So, I spent the last weekend in Madison, Wisconsin attending the American Holistic Nurses Association conference (I'm in a holistic nursing class this spring--hence, the trip).

Before, during, and after the trip I had one question plaguing my mind: where is Wisconsin? Anyone who knows me well knows I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to geography. However, after asking at least four people at the conference, I realized nobody really knows where Wisconsin is! I got answers like, "um, I think it's like by the big lakes...", and "the midwest". I finally looked at a map when I got back, and for your info the great state of Wisconsin is by Minnesota and Michigan.

Anyway, the conference was interesting, to say the least. Holistic nurses often practice "complimentary" healing techniques that involve auras and chakras. So, you can guess the kind of people that were there! However, holistic nurses also emphasize stress relief, self-care, and relaxation, and for that I was grateful!

Most of all though I was SO SO happy to come home to this cute guy :)




With my classmates outside the capitol.


Wisconsin is famous for its cheese, cream, dairy products, etc. I found this sign in an ice cream shop and thought it was pretty hilarious.


My pal Whitney and I by a lake we walked to...pretty picture!


Flowers at the Farmer's Market downtown.


Getting down at the drum circle night! ha

2 comments:

Annie. said...

I love Whitney! We took PDBio 220 together.

beth said...

Loved your cheese head!!! So glad you're home safe and sound and enough time to celebrate your 23rd B'day manana!!!!!