3/15/10

I'm Published!

So, I had to write a "Letter to the Editor" for my Community Nursing class regarding a public health issue. For my clinical in that class, I am working with the Teen Pregnancy Council on creating a pamphlet for parents of local teens regarding how to talk to them about sex. Recently a bill was brought up (and totally shot down) that would have increased sex ed in Utah schools--right now they're only taught abstinence, and the teen prego rates have doubled since 2007. Anyway, sorry this sounds like a school assignment, but I had to give you some background.

I wrote my letter about this bill and sent it in to the Salt Lake Tribune...and I got published! I know it's small, but it is cool to see my name underneath and read all the comments (60+ !). You can check the article out here.

3 comments:

elise lauren photography said...

wow girl. way to go! i totally agree with you and can see a difference in places like orange county vs. here because of the school systems.

let's go teach everyone. haha!

Amanda Jones said...

way to go! that's really cool that it got published!

UsdailyReader said...

Great article and sooooo proud of you!!! Your name looks great in print.

Love, Beth
xoxoxo