4/10/09

And the award goes to...

So, Andrew entered the "1/2 Show" advertising competition on campus recently. He submitted a few ads--and won two awards! Second place in the non-traditional category, and overall Best Concept. Both awards were for his Havaianas ad pictured above. It had an ad placed on an airline tray table to look like your feet extend to wear Havaianas sandals.

I was SUPER proud to be his wifey and am so glad we have some creative juices in our family, thanks to him!

He also entered a Diet Coke at featuring one of my wedding pictures! It's pictured above.

Here's an IKEA ad he did--the one with the couch.

And here's the Havaianas ad closer up.

I also got inducted to the International Honor Society of Nursing--Sigma Theta Tau--last month. Andrew attended the awards ceremony with me, and I got some cool purple cords to wear at graduation!

My dedicated nursing friends and I--we've endured a lot together!

7 comments:

Rebecca Lowe said...

wow andrew! youre so talented! and congrats for the nursing honors :)

Amanda Jones said...

congrats to you both! I am really enjoyed looking at the ads... very creative

Aubrey Messick said...

i love all your creative ads andrew. so much talent! i expect to see big things from you someday. and congrats to you too elise. :)

Glo said...

you guys are such a talented couple, we other garlocks are proud to share a last name with you!

Ward said...

Thanks for sharing. Happy for both of you.

Anonymous said...

So proud of both of you!!! My grandchildren will be so lucky to inherit both sets of genes!!!!


Love Mom xoxoxo

SUMMER said...

Way to go you two! I am SO impressed!