5/13/10

Time...


That's what I've had on my hands lately. And a lot of it. Graduating from nursing school was so exciting, but the time since then has been anything but. I had a bit of an identity crisis when Andrew started full time work, and I had nothing to do, and I was used to being busy busy with school. I think he got kind of worried about me (woops), but it only lasted about 2 days. Now, I've been trying to be productive with my time, and making the most of my free days while I have them. Here's just a taste of my exciting life:
  • Scanning. I scan medical records for an ENT practice that's going paperless with their charting. I've been doing this for other practices all through college, so I'm pretty much an expert scanner. It's quite monotonous work--it was great motivation for me to graduate.

  • Preparing to move/interior decorating in my mind. We are moving to Pleasant Grove at the end of May, and I'm itching to get in and decorate it. I've had plenty of time (while scanning) to think of what I'll do with the place. Needless to say, these ideas have led to a lot of listing on Craig's List, online shopping, and other shenanegans. I've also purchased fabric to make pillows for our couch (or future couch). I assured Andrew I'm a total pro at this, because I am--I've made one pillow before. How hard can it be?

  • In conjuction with the interior decorating, I've taken up knitting. At least, I have as of yesterday. I have a vision in my head of a lovely throw draped across my future couch. Buy one, you might say. But no, I bought some yarn and knitting needles and literally googled "how to knit". After about an hour of "training", I now know how to knit and my throw is already in production. So, if you ever come over to my future place, please notice it :).

  • Reading. A lots of it. I've re-read some of the Twilight series, finished The Hunger Games (amazing!), finished the whole Confessions of Shopaholic series, re-read Pride & Prejudice, and have just started Sarah's Key. I got a KINDLE for graduation from my awesome in-laws, and that has opened up a whole new world for me.

  • Prepping for Mexico. We leave in about three weeks, and I am SOOO excited! I can't wait to be warm and tan. I've got my suits, cover-ups, and hats all ready, and I am just counting the days.

  • Watching TV. Favs right now are Biggest Loser, Modern Family, the Office, Parks & Recreation, and Community. Sounds like a lot--probably is, but it helps the weeks pass!

  • Finally, last and probably most important: preparing for the NCLEX. I GOT A JOB! I'll be working at Timpanogos Hospital in the Mother/Baby unit. BUT, I can't start until I pass the NCLEX. So, I've been doing practice questions like a madwoman, and scheduled my test yesterday. June 1st is the big day--wish me luck!

That was long, but I needed a break from scanning. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the beginnings of summer!

2 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

I can totally relate when you go from a PACKED schedule to absolutely nothing and your husband ins not around to "play"- that was me this past September when we moved down to CA.

Anyway I am glad you have found some things to occupy your time and CONGRATS on your job that is fabulous!

David and Karin said...

Congratulations on graduating and on both of your jobs!! Is Timpanogos Hospital the one on 800 N in Orem? If so, we live right by it! David is convinced I will have a child there but I keep telling him that that won't happen for many, many more years!