10/26/08

Jack-O-Lanterns

Last night we got together with Elyse's brother Tyler and his wife Carissa to carve pumpkins. We figured since we had had two pumpkins sitting on our porch the past month, we should probably open them up quick before they rot.

While carving someone questioned where this strange tradition came from, right? Well, Tyler looked it up and gave us the brief mythical history on Jack himself. Have a happy Halloween!

Elyse made these super good pumpkin cookies (I know you're jealous of our fake 70's marble counter tops).

It's a robot, in case you were wondering.

4 comments:

Janice said...

Cute Pumpkins!! We are looking forward to your big day on Sat!!! See you then :)

Amanda Jones said...

Your pumpkins look great! I am loving all your posts, it helps me feel a bit more productive.

I can't believe your wedding is going to be here in a blink of an eye! I wish so badly that I could be there.

Rasmussen Family said...

You can tell I was feeling a bit under the weather there in that pic:) sad day. at least carving pumpkins was super fun and took my mind off my feet!

Unknown said...

Whatever! You look just as good as always!