2/11/09

American...Annoying?


Okay, so unfortunately Andrew and I have been sucked into the world of American Idol, which now consumes at least 2 hrs of our time each week. It's fun, I must admit, and my emotions are all over the place while I watch.

There is one contestant who has beyond bothered me the entire time and I just have to vent right now because she made it through this week! It's a fluke--she beat so many people who are much more talented (and less annoying) than she is.

Anyone else with me on the fact that she needs to go? Also, there was a guy with Pherrel-like style, who I am really sad was cut tonight. He was really good! Okay, that's all. :)

8 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

Ok, so I totally have the attention span of a 2 year old and am reading people's blogs as I watch my tivo-ed American Idol. And I haven't gotten to the crazy annoying girl yet, but I can't believe they let her through. These judges are ridiculous. PS- How AMAZING is that Hollywood McMansion. Sheeesh!

Amanda Jones said...

I am glad you have hopped on the AI bandwagon!
We are dedicated fans! I could not agree with your comments more. Each round when she was sent through I was FLOORED! I truly think she is their person to add "shock value" to the show. Chris was also very upset with the best friend/pharell look-a-like that went home.

My favorites so far are the guy with glass (who's wife died) and also ANOOP!

queenieweenie said...

of COURSE you have to watch AI...you might spot your SIL on a show :)

i agree, that girl is so IMMENSELY annoying-my kids think she's awful.

Kim said...

I'm sucked into that world too and loving it!
That loser will be gone the first week. No one will vote for her!! Right?

becca said...

that pherrell-like boy is the sexiest thing.

becca said...

i mean pharrell

Shauny said...

WOW! we totally agree! I can not stand her, and my husband hates her haha. I think its a fluke tooo! Her laugh and crying all the time just kills us! hahaa

Glo said...

Ok, I could not agree more with you! i was so mad they send the pherrel guy home and kept that awful girl!!! Mitch keeps reminding me that they are casting a reality TV show, its not really a competition!