9/4/09

The City.

Last weekend, Andrew and I ventured to San Francisco with Dana & Beth for a mini-vacation before school started. I was told that people in San Francisco don't call it that--they refer to it as "The City". Hence, the title! We're natives, basically.

Anyway, it was such a fun time! We walked our little tushes off, shopped like crazy (more like browsed, actually), ate some amazing local food (Mama's breakfast--heaven), fried in the abnormal heat wave (we're talking 95 degrees!), and most of all--relaxed! It was a much needed break from work and school before life got crazy. It's such a fun city, full of diverse people, and did I mention the shopping? Geesh. Thanks Dana & Beth. We love you!
Ghiradelli square--I recommend the mint ice cream with dark chocolate fudge sundae. Wow.

Golden Gate Bridge! Full House theme song come to mind?

Looking like a tourist. The binoculars don't even work. Bleh.

A cute candy shop at the farmer's market--I want those cake platters!

The "Painted Ladies"--another Full House moment.

Cool architecture! Love cities for that reason.

Trolley ride! The sun was obviously in my eyes...

4 comments:

Goose said...

I had the pleasure of calling SF home for six months in 1979. Not the most fertile field for missionary work but lots of fun.

beth said...

Thanks for a fun time!

Aubrey Messick said...

I absolutely LOVE SF. Such a fun city. I need to go back soon for another go around. And you two are just so adorable.

Camille said...

Oh man. Favorite city ever. I miss it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane :) (PS you look adorable as always my lovely friend)