10/14/09

Um, are you twenty-one?

This past weekend we decided to take a break from school and the Provo life--so, we headed to Vegas! Everyone asked if we went there for the BYU game. And the answer is: no. Although we would have liked to go if we had tickets, we actually went to celebrate a couple of things. First, our friend Tyler and his wifey-to-be, Sarah, are getting married this Saturday and had an open house at Tyler's parents' house. Since we can't go to the actual wedding, we wanted to at least go to that to celebrate with them. And just so everyone knows, we totally called that marriage--they're so perfect for each other!

We also went to celebrate our 1st anniversary--woo! Okay, so it's actually not for a couple of weeks (Nov. 1), but since my school schedule doesn't really permit me to be gone for two weekend getaways, we made this trip longer and turned it into our anniversary trip. I can't believe it's been a year, and I still think we're perfect for each other. I love Andrew :)

So, it was fun, and relieving as all heck to take a break from school and do NO homework all weekend! The weather was perfect as well, we got some sun, did some shopping, and just enjoyed the time together. Here are some pics from the trip:

Andrew relaxing in our snazzy hotel living room--he hunted down this nice place and got a killer deal. One of the highlights of the place: when we were checking in, the front desk lady gave us a once over and said, "um, so, are you guys 21?" Ha. I guess we will appreciate our youthful looks someday...

A vacation is NOT a vacation without a constant supply of Diet Coke on hand.

Camera timer shot from the dashboard--not sure why it's so bright. And Andrew is enjoying his yummy Del Taco chicken burrito...I got him a gift card there as a present!

Another dashboard shot--Andrew got me the cute top I'm wearing (I love Anthropologie!), and we are drinking a Pure Pumpkin from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. No coffee--don't worry--just pure heaven and some pumpkin spices blended with ice. Ah. We got these on our honeymoon, and wanted to keep up the tradition!

4 comments:

Glo said...

LOVE IT. so glad you guys got a good little getaway! i think we should all go back to vegas together to play!

Sarah said...

Happy anniversary! I cannot believe it's already been a year since you guys got married.

beth said...

Happy 1st you 2 lovebirds!!!!!

Camille said...

Congrats! You guys are perfect.

PS. I like that last picture. It made me chuckle.